Welcome to the PSP Village
It takes a village…
Peninsula Speech Plus has always been strongly connected to community. We believe it takes a village to support a person to be the best they can be. It is parent, teachers, grandparents, support workers and aged care workers working together around an individual.
To support our village Peninsula Speech Plus has developed PSP Village which houses a number of programs.
The purpose of PSP village is too educate, inform and support everyone in our community.
Check out our programs below and if you have ideas for new ones, let us know.
We support developing allied health clinicians across Australia. Launch Team invites new graduate occupational therapists, speech therapists, and physiotherapists to join our exclusive program to support your early career development and guide you to reach for the stars!
Members of Launch Team 2022 will receive exclusive access to:
- Monthly live Zoom team meetings including professional development presentations and case study presentations. Professional development topics are tailored to meet the needs of all three allied health professions.
- Access to a private Facebook group in which you can liaise directly with the Launch Team, and other group members.
- Exclusive access to our ‘Launch Pad’ portal containing resources to support your new graduate journey.
- Build your professional and peer network An opportunity to build your professional and peer network through regular interactions with program attendees
This is where the village started. During COVID 19 lockdown in 2020, we were searching for ways to support our community while we were locked away from each other. PSP Village Parent Training sessions were created. Our knowledgeable team members run information sessions online to our community on topics such as toileting, early speech development, AAC and social skills to name just a few.
More sessions are coming!
Look out for them on social media. Bookings are through Eventbrite. Follow us on Eventbrite to receive notifications
Little Lions Playgroup
Little Lions – All Abilities Playgroup
We are excited to support the Little Lions All Abilities Playgroup. The program will include 20 children, with siblings welcome. The program is facilitated by a Speech Pathologist and Occupational Therapist. We will engage in unstructured indoor and outdoor play, snack time (BYO – no nuts), stories and songs. There will be opportunities for children to learn and play in a safe and inclusive space
Caregivers will supervise their children and establish relationships with others through the playgroup community
Benefits from joining a playgroup include:
- Allowing children to socialise at their own pace
- Building emotional confidence
- Encouraging physical activity
- Supporting imagination and creativity
- Developing play and preschool skills
- Opportunity to develop language and communication skills
School Readiness Program
We love working with educators near and far. Our School Readiness program sees us working collaboratively with Kindergarten colleagues to add another dimension to their knowledge and skills around preparing students for school.
The program is flexible and can be specifically tailored to the needs of your Kinder community and needs.
Setting Students Up for Success
We know success in school isn’t just about report cards. Ideally a child will learn how to learn, retain information, think independently, ask questions and develop an increasing sense of competence. Success often means something different to every child, parent and educator, and students arrive in classrooms with a wide variety of abilities, needs, histories, health issues and attitudes.
What is easy or exciting for some can be a source of debilitating anxiety for others.
This program looks at ways to support students through the use of the Universal Design for Learning (UDL). This is an evidence based framework that improves and optimises teaching and learning based on scientific insights into human learning principles.
The program is flexible and can be specifically tailored to the needs of your school, educators and/or parent community.